Monday, May 28, 2012

Home (Monday Listicles #1)

I'm new to all this blogging business and I am finding out that one of the best ways to find new and great blogs to follow is by linking up with others.

I have already done this twice through BitsofBee's "Quotable Bits" and have loved the inspiration I got just by selecting a quote.

Now I am ready to tackle some lists with NorthWestMommy's "Monday Listicles". Because  who doesn't love a good list right?

Here we go - with Top 10 Words that Describe my Home:
  1. Chaotic - we live in a 2 bedroom apartment with 2 kids.  Enough said.
  2. Organized - because of the above...we are super organized.  Everything has a place.  And if we haven't figured out a place for something...it lives on top of my dresser until we do.
  3. Comfortable - at least I think so...
  4. Cold - and for us this is a good thing - hubby and I are NOT fans of over-heating.  We like fresh air and as such often have our window open through the winter. Our friends and family know where to find a collection of fuzzy slippers for them to wear...and to bring a sweater. 
  5. Happy and...
  6. Loving and...
  7. Fun - these three go together.  We spend a lot of time in our house - especially through the rainy fall, winter and (let's be honest) spring. Our goal is to have more laughter than tears.
  8. Busy - we like to socialize and because we have kids most people come to us.  Nothing makes us happier than having a full house of family and friends.  Bring it on!
  9. Quiet - for more than 10 years hubby and I lived on a main street in Vancouver.  Traffic noise just became a part of daily life.  Now we live in a quiet apartment complex and the only sounds we get are bird chirping and kids playing.  Much better.
  10. Sanctuary - my home is my happy place.  
Our living room during my fave time of year...

There you go...my first of many Monday Listicles...hope you enjoyed it.

Happy Monday everyone!


5 comments:

  1. Chaotic. That describes ours...but also happy, loving and fun. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to meet you on Monday Listicles. Great list. I could use a little organized chaos in my life. :) Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you have comfortable and cold , then quiet and busy. Which might be opposites but they are really not. Great list. Lovely to have you join us. I love linking with Bits of bee too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We keep our house at 65 degrees (unless it gets really hot in Merritt, which it does in the summer all the time and I forget to turn on the A/C), so I'm good with the cool.
    Everything else should be warm in a home, though - and it sounds like that's what your home is;)
    I'm excited to have found a fellow BC blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you've joined in on my favourite link up! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis