Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sisters (Quotable Bits #7)

“A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.”
~ Marion C. Garretty


When I was pregnant with my first baby it was no secret that I wanted a girl.  I would watch A Baby Story and if they had a boy I was always sad for them.

Not to take anything away from little boys…they are just as lovely. I have a nephew and a cousin that were born when I was a teenager and I adored them. Still do in fact.

I just wanted a daughter. Wanted to plan her wedding with her and see her become a mother one day.  I wanted to have the kind of relationship with her that I have with my mum.

And so when our oldest was born I was ecstatic.  First time trying and I got my little girl. Phew.

When I got pregnant the second time I told everyone (including myself) that this time I didn’t care what I had. All I wanted was a happy and healthy baby.  Except…I kept thinking…wouldn’t it be great to have a girl so M could have a sister?

A sister to grow up sharing a room with. To share clothes and secrets and laughs with. I could already picture them playing together, reading together and growing up as best friends.

Luckily I got my wish.  And so far it really has been everything I hoped it would be.

Right from the beginning you could see their bond and it has only grown stronger. Sure they fight…and sometimes they REALLY fight. But more often there is laughter and smiles and hugs. 

I can’t wait to see this bond grow as they get older. To see if their relationship will be all that I have always hoped it will be.

So far…so good.


All linked up with the lovely BitsofBee for this post.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely post, and beautiful photo collage! Doesn't the love between our little siblings just melt you? Thanks for linking up again this week Kel :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis