Monday, July 23, 2012

Power of Advertising

I work in marketing so I know how hard it can be to create an ad that makes an emotional connection with people as well as a lasting brand impression.

And with the London 2012 Olympics coming up - and bringing with it huge television audiences - companies are bringing their A-game and debuting some incredible (and expensive) ads.

Ad week recently did a feature on 9 of the best Olympic ads so far and some of them are pretty amazing.

The ad they have the top of the list is called "Best Job" and here is what they had to say about it:

The frontrunner among sappy spots is top sponsor Procter & Gamble's undeniably compelling 
homage to moms. After all, they do buy a lot of paper towel and laundry detergent. 
(Agency: Wieden + Kennedy Portland)

I must admit that I wasn't expecting much substance when I pressed play.  I was wrong.  By the end of the ad I had put myself in the place of each mother they featured and had tears in my eyes.

Being a mother truly is the hardest job in the world...but I think we all can agree it is also the most rewarding. And it is that simple fact that this ad is based on.

Well played Proctor & Gamble...well played.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis