Friday, August 17, 2012

High Five for Friday


What a week...so happy it's Friday. I really think that taking a vacation is almost not worth it because of the amount of work you have to put in to be ready to go away...and the amount of work waiting for you when you return.  I am absolutely drowning in paper, deadlines and stress.

But...that's okay...because it's Friday.  And here is a small sampling of why this week has been actually been awesome...

1. Heat Wave - we have been enjoying a week of hot weather and clear blue skies. It finally feels like summer from morning until night.  I LOVE IT!


2. Crafty Projects - I have a whole list of projects I want to get done around the house.  It ranges from painting walls to reupholstering chairs to accessorizing rooms.  Most of these projects hubby and I have to do...but I was able to find one that my girls could help with.  We all had so much fun painting these letters for the kitchen.  Now I just have to find the time to put them up!


3. Transformations - after a week of vacation I decided that I really needed to get my ass in gear.  So I committed to getting back to the gym at least 3 times (oh how I love my 30 Minute Hit), bringing my lunch everyday and drinking more water. And I am pleased to say I accomplished all of them.  Baby steps...

Post workout hair disaster!


4.  Date Night - after spending several days in confined camping quarters together we were deftiniely ready for a break from the kids and they were ready for a break from us. Solution - sleepover at my aunt's house for the girls and date night for us.  Sushi at our fave place downtown (hello crunch roll!) and then tickets to see Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackson show.  We were pretty happy for the time off.


5. Deliciousness - yesterday was a scorcher and a few of my colleagues and I decided to make the trek across the bridge to indulge in some amazing fro-yo. It was  long, sweaty walk but totally worth it.  I had never been to Menchie's before but I will be back.  So many flavours and toppings to choose from.  In the end I went with Coconut and Cake Batter yogurt (all fat-free) and topped it with strawberries, cookie crumbs, gummie bears and cheesecake pieces.  Oh...and sprinkles. Yum!


Happy Friday everyone...make it a great one...

~ K.

Photobucket





No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis