Sunday, August 5, 2012

Murphy’s Law

I’m not a big fan of Murphy and his stupid law.  Far too often he plays spoilsport to my best laid plans.

Case in point…right now my hubby and kids are spending a beautiful day swimming and visiting family at a backyard birthday party.  What am I doing?  This...



It’s a long weekend…and we are heading off for our first family camping trip of the year tomorrow.  So of course…I’m sick.  Thank you so much Murphy…you bastard.

The very same thing happened to us when we tried to take our first camping trip last year.  It was almost comical how many things went wrong…from Malia throwing up in the Tim Horton`s as we grabbed breakfast on our way to the campground…to me getting so sick that I had to spend the night in a hotel fighting a fever…to hubby getting sick as well and us heading back to the city after just one day of `vacation``.

We wound up spending our week of vacation at home…sick. The kids went to daycare and we sat on the couch looking at the beautiful weather outside the window and mourning our lost vacation.

I am determined not to let this happen this time.  So as crappy as I feel I am going to suck it up and make the next few days as awesome as I possibly can.

I want my next blog post to be full of amazing moments - swimming in the lake, building sandcastles on the beach, mini-golf, late night ice cream runs and roasting marshmallows. 

I am going to give my good old buddy Murphy a taste of his own medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis