Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ode to Autumn (Monday Listicles #14)

I love autumn.  It is by far my favourite season for oh so many reasons.  And this year in Vancouver it has been nothing short of spectacular...

Here are just some of the reasons why Autumn is awesome (see what I did there?):


Crisp fall mornings – when the sky is blue, no clouds in sight…and you can see your breath.

Changing colours – watching the city’s colour palette transition from green to red, brown and orange. Gorgeous. 

seriously...this city in the fall? Ridiculous!
Cozy sweaters – especially ones that I can wrap a little tighter around me…like a warm hug.

Fire in the hearth – enough said.

not my actual fireplace...but you get the picture
Holidays – Thanksgiving and Halloween with their promises of turkey dinners and bowls full of mini chocolate bars.

we do love our Halloween around here...
Cuddle time – the cooler weather always makes my girls a little more cuddly…I will never complain about that.

Special drinks – welcome back Gingerbread Latte…I have missed you.

Comfort food – the lighter fare of the summer months gives way to hearty stews and meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

Oh Autumn…I do love you so.  It’s too bad that you eventually must give way to your darker, more dreary cousin Winter.  Bringing with it gray skies and rain. And more rain.  And even more rain.

Sigh…


1 comment:

  1. ha, so you are a gingerbread latte girl? Wonderful list and the photo of your city, wow!! So what are you dressing up as this Halloween?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis