Sunday, November 18, 2012

Back to the Grindstone

My vacation is at an end. My time of doing whatever I wanted – mainly spent in my pajamas and the comfort of my living room – is over.

Tomorrow I will be back at it – struggling to get out the door on time, fighting morning rush hour traffic and facing my overflowing in-box.

Sigh…

But all of that is still a good 10 hours away – good god is that all? – and for now I can milk the last few hours of my freedom and play ignorant of the fact that my alarm will go off tomorrow morning for the first time in 10 days.

It has been a very good run with a few of the early days being spent getting some stuff done – house cleaning & organizing, etc… - and the later days being spent giving myself a long needed break – both mental and physical.

And it worked. I wasn’t sure that taking this time would give me what I needed emotionally. I didn’t think it would be enough to rejuvenate my spirit. Turns out I was wrong.

I have come to accept that while there are many things about my life that I don’t like – I am powerless to change most of them. I can only change how I react to them. And how much I let them get under my skin.

So while I don’t want to go back to work tomorrow – another week of vacation would suit me just fine – I feel prepared to do so.

The frustrations will still be there. The little things that annoy me so will not have changed. But I am better equipped to face them. With a smile on my face and my rose coloured glasses firmly perched on the end of my nose.

It should be one hell of an interesting Monday…

---

Highlights from the week that was:



starting Christmas wish lists..  Little one wants "a dinosaur - a real one...and maybe some playdoh."


Hanging ornaments on Santa's tree at the mall.


A lovely view on a random Thursday morning...


Taking a detour to say hi to our old friend Minoru.


Sisters. Fall. Love. Enough said...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis