Saturday, December 8, 2012

Letters to Santa

Hubby and I sat down with the kids this weekend to help them write their letters to Santa.  

Of course our dear oldest child - at the ripe old age of 6 and a half - didn't need our help.  She knew exactly what she wanted to say...




Our 3 year old wanted so much to be like her older sister that she insisted she could write her own letter.  No help required. 

We let her try and eventually she told us that since she didn't really "know all the letters..." she could use our assistance after all.  She dictated and I did the work. 




I absolutely adore how different their letters are.  How Malia started hers with some polite conversation about other people in Santa's life and yet Téa got straight to the point with a bold "I love you.".

I also love how they both skirted the issue of being good: "I have tried to be good all year..." and "I was good today."  As if Santa didn't already know...

Finally...they both asked for presents that they had never mentioned to us before.  A popcorn machine?  Seriously?

The plan is to take our carefully constructed letters to the "Worlds Biggest Mailbox" on Monday night to get them to Santa in time.

Sure hope he has time to write back...


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis