Monday, April 8, 2013

3 minutes & 4 years

Today I have been focused on two very different time periods for two very different reasons...

While today marked the start of week 4 of my 5k training I was actually starting week 3 of the training app. One of the reasons for that was that looking ahead to this week scared the bejeezus out of me.


3 MINUTES! Did that really say 3 whole minutes?  180 seconds? No freakin' way was what I was thinking halfway through week 2.  So we repeated week 2 and it was great.

60 second runs flew by...90 second runs were a lot easier...I could catch my breath and talk while running.

So there was no avoiding it...it was time to tackle week 3 tonight. To face that 3 minute stint. And you know what? It was easy...

More than that...it was fun. It left me wishing we could run more (although my body was happy to stop). And now I can't wait for Wednesday when I can do it again.

Of course week 4 is another matter altogether...6 MINUTES?!?! Are they crazy?

And now...to the much more important milestone...4 years.

As in my baby girl is turning 4 tomorrow.  My youngest child will be 4.

Seriously...I can't believe it.  It feels like only yesterday I was cuddling with her at her first easter dinner.



Or marveling at how happy she was every day...


or helping her to eat a cupcake at her first birthday party...

or catching her in the act of plotting to take over the world....

or just plain getting more than I bargained for when I asked her to say cheese...


Tonight as I brushed her hair before bedtime I told her that she wasn't allowed to grow up.

"I have to Mummy." she said seriously.  Then she turned to me and placed her hand on my cheek. "But don't worry...I will always be your baby."

Happy birthday eve to my loving, stubborn, happy, bossy, and just plain adorable youngest child...


I can't imagine life without your lovely little soul in it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis