Monday, April 22, 2013

Little Victories

Tonight I ran for 5 minutes. Straight. Like without stopping. And I didn't fall down dead after.

In fact while that 5 minute stretch was the longest I had ever run I also managed to run two other 4 minutes stints tonight as well. That's 13 minutes of running total.

Flashback 6 weeks ago and I was straight onto my couch as soon as the kids went to bed. Now I can't wait to lace up my shoes and head out.

What a difference a few weeks can make.

Even more amazing than my small victory tonight is the fact that my fabulous running partner Jaime ran for an incredible 11 minutes straight. She actually did it by accident - her app was on mute and she missed the order to walk - so she just kept running.

And seeing her face after she finished up tonight made me realize that I can do it to. Just keep running, stop when I need to catch my breath and then start running again.

One foot in front of the other.

One minute at a time.

One small victory after another.

Tonight 5 minutes...soon 5k.


when I first started this week scared the daylights outta me...tonight I (almost) crushed it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis