Friday, April 19, 2013

Mary Poppins Party Prep

It's birthday party time at our house - both my girls have April birthdays (6 days apart) - and thankfully they are still young enough where they don't mind sharing a party.

Last year it was all about Disneyland since we had just returned from our first trip to the happiest place on earth. This year when the discussion first turned to party theme they were once again in agreement - both wanted a Barbie party.

I - on the other hand - was not feeling that one at all. So I not-so-subtly made another suggestion - how about a Mary Poppins party? And luckily...they went for it.

First stop in the planning process was Pinterest. My goodness there are some seriously crafty and imaginative people out there.

We had a few ideas of our own but the awesomeness of what we found on Pinterest just rounded it all out.

So for the past several weeks I have been in full planning and prep mode. My oldest daughter has definitely had more input on the planning this year. She has very specific ideas about games and decorations and food.

Today is 2 days before party day and both hubby and I have taken the day off to do last minute prep. And by last minute prep I mean we still have a giant to-do list and I'm afraid there is no way we will get it done.

I have about 5 crafty, decorations projects started though and they look half beautiful.

I see much cutting, glueing, taping, goody bag stuffing, label printing and list making in my future.

Check back on Sunday to see how it all went!

A sneak preview of a few of the projects:









No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis