Monday, June 10, 2013

Fashion, Freedom & Friends (Weekend in Pictures)

A friend asked me the other day how often I write in my blog. I told her that I aim for 2-3 times a week but sometimes I just don’t feel like writing. I’m either too tired or busy or have writers block.

And occasionally its simply a case of the “I don’t wanna’s”…

Such is the case today.  It’s Monday and I am still recovering from lack of sleep after a very busy weekend. In fact I was so tired this morning I slept through my very loud alarm clock for 40 minutes resulting in a hectic, panicked and rushed morning.

All that said…it was a great weekend that has been moving slowly and my brain firing only intermittently today.  It was filled with great friends and much laughter and date night and kids’ stuff and good karma. 

So I don’t feel so bad about not feeling like writing all about it.  I will let the pictures tell the story instead.
 
Post-Gymnastics ice cream fix...to be eaten with your finger apparently...
Showing me their dismounts...just a little bit different.
Tree climbing at their grandparents house...
The girls spent the night at their aunt's house on Saturday night.  So while we went to a movie and had sushi...they were busy reenacting a Barbie movie and playing "Fashion" (which pretty much consists of them emptying out her make up and jewelry drawers).

These photos were "borrowed" off her Facebook page...complete with captions:

Early Sunday morning salon appointment
Popstar "Keira" is resting before she goes on stage for the big concert. She does not want to be disturbed.
Back-up singer "Lana" just put her lipstick [and heels] on and thinks she looks smashing! (I couldn't agree more!)
Darn. The concert is delayed.
While the girls were off having a great time without us we were doing just the same. And while there is no photo evidence of the Saturday night we spent at our good friends house (which is probably a good thing) let's just say we didn't get home until 3am and woke up in the morning with sore abs from laughing so much. It was a very good night indeed...

On Sunday morning the whole family participated in the JDRF Walk for a Cure in support of our good friends.  Their daughter has Type 1 diabetes and there was no place we would have been other than walking by their side.

Luckily for all of us the clouds that had been threatening cleared off and the sun came out just as we set off. A good time was had by all:

Go Team Markella!

We remembered to get a family shot...hooray!
Pre-walk...
...during walk.
All the kids...oh and hubby too!
awww...young love. ;)

Me and my oldest.
love these girls...
What's this? 2 family pictures in one day? A miracle...
And that's a wrap. 

You know I have to say that looking at these pictures is a great reminder of what a fantastic weekend we hadSometimes they go by so fast you can forget that you actually had fun...

And that we did.


2 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

    (and I totally get photo posts... sometimes it's just the best way to go! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same trouble getting family shots- we have 2 dogs as well so that adds to the fun (dogs are family too ;))

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis