Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Recommitted

Okay...that sound you heard....that was me falling off my "get healthy" program with a resounding thud.

I haven't run more than once per week since before I injured my hip flexor more than 6 weeks ago.  Sure I was rehabbing and going to physio, etc, etc. But the truth is that I have had the green light for 2 weeks now and have only run twice.

Tsk, tsk...

And today I realized that I will be registering for my first 5K event in less than 2 weeks. The flights are booked and the hotel reservation has been made. We are going to Disneyland and I am running that Never Land 5K whether I am prepared or not.

So it's time to get prepared.

My hip is healed.  My shoulder is feeling much better. Sure I've had a few other things on my mind but other than that I have no excuses.

Time to get back in the groove.

The countdown is on...


Gulp.


1 comment:

  1. I don't run, but I have been sticking to my new exercise program for about 4 weeks now. I do something every day: whether high intensity like kickboxing or Zumba, or just free weights and a good long walk. And now: next week are our holidays and I will be away from home for 6 days. panic!! I don't want to get out of newly established healthy habit! I may have to take up running.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis