Sunday, July 7, 2013

Just what the doctor ordered...

So the last few weeks have been a little rough. We have been faced with some pretty stressful situations and have made some decisions that have serious impact on my life and that of my little family.

I was feeling very much at the end of my rope. Staying positive was becoming impossible. I needed a break from my reality. 

And sometimes life delivers...

For the past two days I have been spending some quality time with my best friend up in Whistler. She lives in the Okanagan so we don't get to see each other nearly as often as we would like. So two years ago we started an annual girls weekend tradition. 

These two days have been - quite simply - exactly what I needed. We have laughed and talked and drank coffee and lounged in the sun and shopped and reminisced.

It has been all kinds of awesome...
I'M NOT DRIVING FOR A CHANGE! Puttin' my feet up.
A couple of crazy chicks...
this is a CD that I made years ago...so perfect for the road trip.
I'm so artsy...
drinking coffee on the patio at 11pm.  Freedom!
We have this tradition of stacking all the cream containers from our coffee drinking sessions. It even works on the ceramic kind...
Oh Whister...you are a beauty.
My feet, sunshine, best friend.
trying to decide on which hat to buy for my Vegas trip.  I chose....both.
It took me a while to take this picture...holding a smile is tough.

I feel relaxed for the first time in weeks. (You can tell how relaxed I am by the state of my bed! am NEVER that messy!)

And I am actually looking forward to heading home tomorrow and facing everything that awaits me. Well I'm looking forward to the getting home part at least.

But first I'm going to sleep in one last time..


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just NEED those kinds of weekends, hey? Glad you found some quiet time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was exactly what I needed. I honestly don't know what I would do without these little breaks - so lucky to get them. :)

      Delete

ShareThis