Friday, September 27, 2013

High Five for Friday - Long Overdue

After a few days of sunny respite the rain has returned to Vancouver and put a damper on the fact that it's Friday. I thought there was no better way to get out of a grey-weather funk than by doing a High Five for Friday.

And in keeping with my the last 7-weeks-weren't-all-bad theme I'm going to highlight my five top things over that time.

Back to School

Oldest daughter started grade 2 this September. And as I was off work I got the pleasure of walking her each morning for the first few weeks. It's a 4 minute walk now...and anytime they hold hands like this (without my prompting) my heart swells.



Cirque du 7 year old:

We moved into a new house (again -- full post still to come) and the girls settled in right away. It didn't hurt that they have their own rooms for the first time. :) One of their favourite things to do is play in the yard. And on this night we were treated to a Cirque du Soleil performance...




All aboard the Hogwarts Express...


I have been waiting for this for a LONG time. Oldest and I have just started reading Harry Potter together and so far it has been awesome.


Stealthy Kids

Speaking of reading I was doing just that one day - enjoying the quiet of my bedroom while the kids played in theirs. I was so engrossed in my book I didn't hear my little intruders come in. I looked up to find both of them had joined me in bed and were quietly reading their own books. Can't tell you how happy I am that they love books as much as I do.



Pounding Pavement

I am running again. Regularly. And it feels good. My first 5K is in 111 days. Pretty sure I'm going to crush it. One foot in front of the other. Just keep running...


Screw you rain...you can't ruin my Friday.



 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png


2 comments:

  1. I really reeeeallly hope that my little boy will grow up to love books! He's only 7 weeks but I already try to read to him everyday!
    I'm also getting back into running!! I should sign up for a race to motivate me!
    Visiting from H54F-newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis