Tuesday, November 5, 2013

How to Meet the Queen (according to my 4 year old)

The following is a transcript of a recent car ride conversation with my 4-year-old. It should be noted that this came up out of the blue and each sentence was spoken with the utmost seriousness and matter-of-factness by her.

T: Mummy...have you ever met the queen?

Me: The queen?

T: Yes. The lady on the money.

Me: No I haven't. I'm not that important.

T: How do you get to meet her?

Me: You have to do something really amazing and then she invites you to the Palace.

T: You should do that then.

Me: Do what?

T: Something awesome.

Me: I should do that...

T: Then she would call and invite you for tea. And you could bring me.

Me: I will work on that for you.

T: But not today. Maybe do something awesome on the next daycare day.

Me: Sounds like a great plan

T: What's for dinner?

And that...my friends...is just another reason why having kids is super freakin' awesome and fantastic.

Because without kids what motivation is there to do awesome things so you can meet the queen?

Never change my little sweetheart...never change...and one day you will indeed meet the queen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis