Friday, January 3, 2014

2013 - A year in review

2013 is a year I am not sorry to see the end of.  It started with very high hopes and positive life changes. But sadly it has ended being one of the most challenging and depressing years of my life.

That said, it wasn't all bad. And the benefit of keeping a blog and participating in social media like twitter and Instagram is that it is quite easy to look back and  have a barometer for the year...so I thought I would use that to my advantage and make a few "best of" and "worst of" lists for this year.

These are not top 10's or top 5's or any fixed number.  They are a true sampling of the positive and negative moments from my past year...


Blog Posts
 
Best of 2013:

March 6: San Francisco

March 13: Keeping It Real (aka Raisins & Spice)

April 8: 3 Minutes & 4 Years

April 15: Dear Daughter...

May 12: Love. Period.

October 30: To Friendship

December 16: Thirty


Worst of 2013:

May 9: Setbacks

May 17: Reality Check

September 24: Coming Up for Air

November 18: Character Flaws


Twitter

Best of 2013:






























Worst of 2013:


Little did I know...it could get worse, much much worse. :(























Instagram
 
Best of 2013:
My running partners...
My badge of honour. Top 30 Blogger Nominee.

Nanny turns 90. My lovely little family...

Vegas with my girls. Love them.

My first 5K run...done.

Finally breaking the news to the kids...


Worst of 2013:
 
The beginning of the end of our real estate investment.
bittersweet...leaving the first home that all of us lived in.

my mantra every night...it never listened.

big bonk...first scar


That's a wrap on this year...phew.  Here's hoping for a 2014 that is filled with happy and joyous moments.



1 comment:

  1. Wow. What a year and what a great way to look back by combining all these! Wishing you all the best for the new year!!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis