Saturday, March 22, 2014

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I have been thinking about a blog overhaul for a while.  When I first started blogging I didn't give much thought to a personal brand so chose a name that had some personal meaning and didn't worry about matching up social media accounts.

Now that I've been doing this for a year and a half now (wow!) and have had some opportunities to see how much more I can do with my blog I knew it was time to make some changes.

I was also acutely aware that I had named my blog after a popular book and that would definitely become a copyright issue at some point. 

The problem was finding a name that worked and was also available across all networks.  That was not easy...let me tell you.

I came up with - and discarded - hundreds of names. Some of them were hard to let go of.  In the end I have decided to go with something simple, focused and reflective of my life.

The blog formerly known as Writing Down the Bones and the twitter, pinterest and instagram accounts formerly known as kelsey_bar will now be united under one brand:


The new name represents three of the most important things in my life right now.

Writing (to keep my sanity), Running (to improve my health) and being a Mum (my everything).

A full blog redesign will follow soon.  As soon as I can find the time to figure out Blogger vs. Wordpress and finish my wireframe.

For now...I am looking forward to this fresh start...follow along won't you?

Twitter - @writerunmum

Facebook - Write Run Mum

Instagram - writerunmum

Pinterest - writerunmum



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis