Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sometimes you just know... (Monday Listicles)

There are times...both good and bad...when you just know something for certain.  Deep in your heart that it is true...  And that is the topic for this week's Listicle.

Here are 10 times when that feeling hit home for me:


When - as a child - I stood at the window for ages waiting for my dad to arrive and pick me up on his night...I KNEW that being late was something I would never be okay with. And that this was a feeling I never wanted my own kids to know.


When I met my (would be) husband for the first time at the young age of 14...I didn't know that I would marry him but I KNEW he was going to be an important part of my life.


When I found out I was pregnant for the first time....I KNEW I wanted to have a girl. (No offense to all you mamas to boys...they are awesome...but I wanted a girl so much it hurt.)


When I saw my baby girl for the first time - so tiny and fragile having arrived 7 weeks early...I KNEW she was a fighter and was going to be just fine. And that my life was never going to be the same.


When I saw my second baby girl for the first time...I KNEW that there was actually enough room in my heart to love her just as much as my first.

 

When I spend time with my friends...I KNOW how lucky I am to have so many amazingly wonderful women in my life. You know who you are.

When I started running...I KNEW that it wouldn't be easy but that I was going to make it a part of my life.

When my life fell apart last year and I experienced depression for the first time...I KNEW that I had to pull myself out of it for the sake of my kids. And I that not letting it kill me would actually make me stronger. And it did.

When I think about 2014...I KNOW that it will be a year of change and evolution. But that it will also be my best year yet.

2014 started with this accomplishment...

...and that was only the beginning.






No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis