Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wordless Wednesday: Teacher & Student

As my girls and I adjust to having more time on our own together there are times where I need them to occupy themselves so I can get something done.

At first this led to more arguments, etc. as they tried to assert themselves as the boss.  But lately I have noticed they have gotten into a much better rhythm.

Little one is learning that her sister sometimes just needs her "alone time" and is actually giving it to her. And my oldest has discovered that her little sister can actually be a pretty cool companion.

Recently I left them at the kitchen table with markers and paper and stickers while I finished off a work project. And instead of hearing them argue over the crafts I heard patient instruction and words of encouragement.  When I poked my head in this is what I saw...




They worked on that book together for almost a half an hour without any arguments. And it's in moments like these that I feel like maybe I got this parenting thing right.

For a few minutes of peace at least...


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis