Friday, October 10, 2014

First Kindergarten Field Trip - Richmond Nature Park

My youngest daughter started kindergarten this year and that milestone was one of the main reasons I decided to start my own business. I knew that being self employed would give me the flexibility I needed to be more involved with her first year in school.

When my oldest daughter started school I missed most of her field trips because I couldn't get time off work and I only saw her teachers at special events and parent teacher conferences which made me feel completely disconnected.

Only a few weeks into the school year and I am already reaping the rewards of my decision. My girls teachers know who I am because I see them everyday and I have been able to help out in the classrooms and volunteer for field trips.

And the first field trip was to the Richmond Nature Park with my little kindergarten and her classmates. She was so excited and so was I. I hadn't been to the Nature Park since I was a kid and I couldn't wait to experience it again with her.

I was very impressed by the Park. They have done some major improvement over the past few decades and it is a truly cool place to visit and learn about nature.

















The best part of the day was my little one saying "I'm so glad you came with us today Mummy." as we drove back to the school.

Me too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis