Monday, June 15, 2015

Back to the onsite life...

Over the course of my career I have worked in many different areas and for many different companies. Big ones and small ones. Giant corporations and small not-for-profits.

And through all of them I can tell you that I have never had one as satisfying as event planning. There is no bigger high than seeing the event you have been toiling over for months come to fruition.

to see people check in at registration desks that you placed on a floor plan. Receive a conference bag that you found in a catalogue.  Consult an event guide that you edited through 16 rounds of changes.

it's truly thrilling. I got out of the event planning game a few years ago and this month I was very fortunate to get to experience it again.

It was 7 days of hard work. I walked a half marathon every day. I got up at 5:30am every day and feel into bed exhausted at 10pm.

And I loved every freakin' minute of it.

Especially the laughs I shared with all of my colleagues. A fantastic group of women who made every minute fun - even the ones spent re-bandaging my poor feet.










by midweek I am always grateful for these mats in the hotel elevator because I have no clue...

half the team. sad we didn't get a picture of all of us. :(

sunset selfie.

loved this witty label...and the wine too!
 and how to you cap off a great week? with a ride down the convention centre bannisters of course.


No event planners were hurt in the execution of the conference. This time at least.

Let's all do it again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis