Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Graduation Day - Kindergarten Edition

I've said before that milestone moments hit me a little harder as my youngest daughter passes them. Because I know this is the last time I will experience them.

When she started kindergarten I got pretty choked up. When she learned to ride a bike without training wheels I felt a little more emotional than I thought I should.

And so when I got the invitation to her Kindergarten Grad I knew I should bring some tissues.

I was also amazed at how fast this year has flown by. The past few years have been so difficult and so filled up with ups and downs it feels like I actually missed being present in much of it.

I am glad for the photos I take to remind me of these important milestones. Because while I have vowed to be more present in the moment...sometimes my mind refuses to join me there.

Luckily on Graduation Day...I was fully present. Sitting proudly in my hard plastic chair in the front row of the kindergarten room watching my girl mark the passing of her first full year in school. Singing loudly along with her fellow classmates. Grinning all the way to accept her "graduation" certificate.

She was her beautiful, sunny, smiling self and I couldn't have been prouder.









We were so lucky to have the same amazing teacher for both of our girls!



Congratulations my little T. I love you more than words can say. And I can't wait to see the journey you take.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis