Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Reunited

As sad as I was when my contract as an event planner for a week came to an end there was definite light at the end of the tunnel.  I would get to be with my girls again.

For a week I had been absent from their lives. Staying downtown at a swanky hotel while they stayed at home.

And when I'm away from them I try not to think about them too much. It makes me sad to think of the moments I am missing so I think of myself as single and childless. It's a self preservation thing.

But as soon as the Closing Ceremony ended and I finally got to unplug from my radio and take off my suit jacket I was literally pining to see my littles.

My in-laws dropped them off to me at the Convention Centre and they literally bowled me over on the sidewalk with their hugs.  After gathering all of their assorted belonging from the car I took them on a tour of where I had been working for the past week.










Vancouver was beautiful that night. And I loved getting to see it through my girls eyes.

And getting to hold their little hands in mine after feeling them conspicuously absent for a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis