Sunday, July 19, 2015

Coming Full Circle

Last March I went through a personal "re-branding" when I changed the name of my blog (and corresponding social media accounts) to Write. Run. Mum.

At the time I really felt like it was the right decision.  That having the same moniker for all my online endeavours was really just good marketing. Especially if I was going to try and turn my blog into something more than just an online diary for my family and friends to read and maybe (one day) make some money from it.

Also - I really hoped the new title would help me focus on those three very important areas in my life. And for a while it worked...I guess.

But to be totally honest...it never felt right. I'm not exactly sure why that is. I suspect it's because I made the change for the wrong reasons. It wasn't a decision I made with my heart. I was trying to force this change on myself in the hopes that it would help me change my life.

And really I think it's done the opposite. I feel like the new identity has turned me into a bit of a fraud.  Well 2 thirds of a fraud at least because the Mum part was always true.

I know I won't ever monetize my blog...that was never really my intention anyways. I don't want to write reviews or do giveaways. I don't care about the number of people that follow me on social media or even read my posts for that matter.

You know...I have been thinking about making this change for months and kept wavering. But I have been finding myself more and more blocked in a creative sense. Handcuffed by the expectation I set on myself that I have to write about writing. Or running. Or parenting. And when I didn't have anything to say on those subjects...I didn't have anything to say at all.

And then today - I found this quote in my Facebook feed.  From the author of Writing Down the Bones. From the author whose book helped me find my written voice.


And I just knew this was the right time. So - it is with a renewed sense of self - and a strong conviction that I am going back to my original identity. 

I write for me. And for my girls. I write to give me an outlet and a release. And I always endeavour to ensure I am Writing Down the Bones.

And at heart...I am still my Poppa's little Kelsey Bar.

Welcome back blog...


2 comments:

  1. woo hoo!!! Good for you K!!!! I am thrilled that you are writing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Have always loved reading your blog regardless of the "brand", but so glad you are back to what makes you feel most like your fabulous self. xo

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis