Friday, August 21, 2015

Milestone Moment: Swimming Level 1...check!

My youngest has always had a bit of a stubborn streak. She likes to do things her own way and in her own time.

That's proved to be a slightly frustrating character trait over the years especially when it comes to things like swimming lessons.

My oldest is a fish. Has always loved the water and whipped through the first few levels of swimming lessons without issue.

But with dear little T it's been a bit of a different story.

While she loves the water too - always begging for us to take her swimming and having a great time when we did - there was a clear disconnect when it came to swimming lessons.

The first time we tried she failed because she flatly refused to put her head in the water.  Only for the instructor was this the case...because she'd finish her lesson, rejoin us and promptly put her face in the water.

So...we'd tried again with the same level...and got the same result. Soooo frustrating!  Even her teacher said "we know she's capable...she just needs to show us in the lesson."

We decided to take a break and wait until she was older. And then my friend told me her secret of putting them in lessons in the summer when they can go every day for two weeks. Given that I now had the flexbility in my work schedule I decided to give it a whirl.

And from day 1 I knew it was going to be a big success. She loved her lessons at the outdoor pool. She was excited for each one and proudly showed off her new skills.








Onto Level 2.

Oh...and let's not forget my oldest child. She passed level 7 with flying colours and is a better swimmer than I am.



Better get used to that I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis