Monday, August 10, 2015

One on One Time: Sushi & Baseball

Tonight I got to spend some quality one-on-one time with my oldest daughter.

I love one-on-one time. And I know that as she gets older it's going to become more and more important to set this kind of quality time aside.

Last year we went to a couple of Vancouver Canadians baseball games and at each one M expressed an interest in attending one without her little sister...the queen of distractions.

And so that's what we did - with a little sushi and conversation to start us of.



We talked her excitement and fear about starting grade 4 and getting letter grades. We talked about boys and ear piercing. And we talked about her feelings about our family...and the separation.

That was tough. Because she was looking for reassurance from me. Confirmation that now that Daddy was home it meant he would never leave again.

And I had to do the dance. Because I don't want to lie but I also don't want her to live in fear or worry. it's a fine line to navigate because she's a smart kid.

Real talk over it was time to watch some baseball...





and to eat:



It was a beautiful night for a ballgame.

And I had a great time with my beautiful first born.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis