Friday, February 12, 2016

I know It's annoying but I'm not gonna stop...

I've turned into one of those people. The ones that post on social media all the time about their workouts and their runs and their physical accomplishments. 

Ones that perhaps make you think this...


When I share the view from my run...


And a photo of sweaty post workout face...


and sometimes even pictures of my running shoes for heavens sake...


I know my oversharing in this area is probably annoying to some people. They may think I'm fishing for compliments or searching for validation. I've got news for them...they are totally f'ing right.

Damn straight I'm looking for likes.

Hells ya I want you to comment and cheer me on.

Because I worked hard on that run and it hurt and now I'm sore and I could've been sitting on my couch watching Downton Abbey with a cup of tea in my hand but I didn't. I ran.

And to be honest - sharing every post about every run and getting the love and support from friends and family - is huge motivation for me to pick my running shoes over my couch.

I'd like to say that I'm doing it all for me...because I love the feeling of running...and I know it's good for me...yada yada yada...but I'm still working on becoming the me that always chooses the healthier way. That will come...I know...but for now I use social media as my motivation to keep it up.

The way I see it is that I'm more accountable to my exercise regime if I share it with everyone. If I post about my great runs for a few weeks and then do nothing...I think it might get noticed. And people would say..."well...looks like Kelly is back on her couch. Figured that would happen."

And the thought of that doesn't feel good. The drive to make sure that doesn't happen is what keeps me going.

So please excuse me while I blatantly use you all for my own needs and self indulgence. Because - fingers crossed - you all are going to have to get used to seeing my pretty views, dirty shoes and sweaty face in your timeline a lot...

I'm only kinda sorry...


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis